Monday, February 5, 2007

There's always next year...

and far be it for me to defend Rex, but it wasn't like the rest of the team was stellar and he stank it up...they all pretty much played sub par. But they'll be back and Tank won't have his legal problems distracting him and Tommie Harris' hamstring will be good again....so we'll see!!
It was fun watching it with Theresa and Don...they are my kinda game-mates. Here's what I realized as I waited for the game to start...and then during the first quarter...I'm a stress eater. I ate 1/2 a veggie tray (at least it wasn't cookies!!) before the 2nd quarter even started!! How did I not know that before? My voice was shot in the first minute of the game...man. Hester is phenomenal..and you know what he said in the press conference?? Doesn't mean anything if it doesn't help us get a victory. The kid's going down in history and it's nothing to him if the Bears don't win. I wouldn't want to be Rex Grossman for the next six months!!

Saw this quote in a magazine this weekend:
"The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get-kind that comes from within--strength, courage, dignity" (Ruby Dee)
Yeah. that's the beauty I want...not that I consider myself beautiful, or even think of it that much, but if someone's going to notice me, or if I stood out in the crowd, I'd want it to be for what comes from WITHIN me. That's what I want...how I want to grow, and age. To not lose the wonder of first time things, or the audacity of hope, or indignity of things that are just plain WRONG. That's what I want me to reflect....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geri!
I just popped in to see what tidbits you had to share. We wathed the game and all the rain.

Hope your Monday is off to a great start.