Monday, February 26, 2007

Heart of a woman

HEART OF A WOMAN
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up against injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without new shoes so their children can have them.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a new marriage.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They have sorrow at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all sizes, in all colors and shapes.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world spin!
Women do more than just give birth.
They bring joy and hope.
They give compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.

HOw's that for a rallying cry??? Im glad there are women in the world...and Im glad I'm a woman. Well, except for those occasions when it would be beneficial to void standing up on the side of the road, but I still don't know if I could do that even if I COULD do that. LIke I want anyone seeing my patootie.

Ok, week 6 of my big fitness plan has brought me 3 less inches to love!! Only 3 lbs lost in all that time, and none in almost a month, but maybe I'm building some hot muscles!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Crappy weekend...no humor in it. Meliss didn't do so well on her GMAT, but there's still one piece left to be evaluated. Paul and I did NOT see eye to eye about much and lots of ugly conversations. Ugh. I just don't know what to do at this point, but I'm going to keep moving forward with my life and health building sutff, and hopefully he'll get it someday. Hard to love somone who is such a mess most of the time. Says he can't listen to my stuff/concerns/etc. because it makes him feel ashamed. So I just listen to him and help him process his stuff and 2 years later, I"m sill bringing it to God because Paul can't deal with the fall out of what choices he made. Sigh. I"m going back and reading that woman thing again!!

My five:
reading a book that Dana suggested and I had tried; I really like it this time!!
my treadmill...will be great training on my couch to 5k attempts!!
pumpkin pie spice creamer and the gal who told me I could freeze it for later in the year!!
talked to Cassie yesterday...she wants to go to the women's conference
our shiny new garbage disposal!!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Geriann

The Heart of a women was beautiful!!! I love it!!!
big hugs~
Lynda

judy said...

Ok, I tried this earlier and it ate my comment. I love how you share your "heart" with all of us. I wish my heart looked a little more like what you wrote but my heart seems a bit backward at times. Unfortunately, I sometimes scream when I want to smile, cry when I want to sing and I even laugh when others are nervous. I have managed to FIGHT for what I believe in (I am working on that though)and there is no shortage of shoes in MY closet. I cry when my friends get awards and I would CHEER IF my child excelled.
I die a little bit when a friends heart is broken, I have strength with the loss of a family member and become sorrowful when I have no strength left.
I do come in all different sizes (check my closest there seem to be 3 of me - all sporting different numbers) and my shape is quite unique. If this "heart" is what makes the world spin that might explain the chaos we sometimes experience.
This woman celebrates a friend who has birthed joy and hope into her life, a friend who gives compassion and moral support regarding her family and a friend who has helped me give more and say less.
This friend says thank you Geriann. You not only have the "Heart of a woman" you have a heart of gold. One in a million.
You inspire me to be a better person and challenge me to do the hard work. Thank you!

Ger said...

Thank you. You made me cry.