Monday, April 30, 2007

quiet weekend


Sunday was an interesting mix of a day, but mostly it was relaxing...

I guess it really started Saturday night when we went out to Joe's Crab Shack in Bolingbrook, but when we got there it was out of business. Lesson learned under the "don't procrastinate going to restaurants you love". I heard there was one at Fox Valley...I hope so!! We haven't been to one since we went with Joy and Mike back in the dark ages!! We strolled through Joannes and Michael's looking for a scalloped punch, which we found, and texture plates, which we didn't. What good is it to win a cuttlebug if you can't find any thing to use in it??HMMMM????

Home to just hang out and listen to the birds before the sun set. Come to think of it, we should have had a fire pit, but neither of us thought of it I guess.

Then Sunday, Cassie came to church, much to my delight. It was so great to sit with her during service, but I didn't hear her sing at all. I miss hearing her voice!! Someday... I hope. She ran into a bunch of people who she knew from back when...so that was cool, I think. I went on to class and came home to yummy pancakes...

and Cassie telling me that she's decided not to go through with the wedding in August. I hope she sticks with it. I fear she won't. Based on our conversation today, I think she's backpedaling already, because Chris cried when she told him. Sigh.

Anyway, we had a nice lunch with us all laughing and teasing each other; then shopping for her to use her Target card from Alicia. She's a careful shopper but spend every cent on herself. YEAH!

Back for a chat and dinner (some freakin' hot guacamole too!!) and a conference call about Paul's dad coming home on Wed.

Now it's back to the mountain of laundry and putting away my spring clothes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Cassie to have strenght in her decision.
Praying too for the Lord
to speak to her heart & spirit
and in that peace and conviction
to do what is right for her.
Lynda