Wednesday, April 4, 2007

there is nothing better...



than an old friend, even when she has to leave again...sigh.


Judy left yesterday and honestly, I was just too sad to even say it outloud (or out-monitor). We grabbed a quick cuppa...at STARBUCKS of all places. They have the coolest cups and mugs!! But still...they mostly serve coffee...and I guessed by the name "macchiato" that Judy would like it and it's her fave drink!! Who knew???


Then trying to get a good picture, in the land of "big heads" as she put it..well, that was a bit challenging!!!


And where did spring go? I'm back to a cold neck and drinking tea all day to stay warm...well, really, I crawled into bed and took a little nappy-poo under my blanket...Cassie's not the only one who loves a nice, soft blanket! Blanket lovers of the world UNITE!!!


And...what is it with us/we women who have a need to compare ourselves unfavorably to every other estrogen totin' person on the planet? Her kids are more well behaved, helpful; her house is cleaner, bigger, more organized; Her stomach is flatter, hair shinier, blah blah.


What if we just celebrated the good we have? And quit dismantling the very things that God blessed us with, at the altar of comparison shopping?? So, girlfriends of mine who are reading this, let me tell you something: lean in close, so no one overhears us, closer,


closer...


I am blessed that you are in my life...flabby tummy or not (you probably earned that bearing children who you wouldn't trade for a flat stomach, right)...big house or not (I love my little house but get insecure when having people over)...organized or not. Let's not waste precious time making excuses for not having people into our lives for fear that they will find out our toilets aren't perfectly cleaned, or amazingly decorated, or big. Chances are, whoever you have in your life (me included) really isn't a toilet inspector incognito...Chances are they are funny, honest, remarkable women who want to bask in the shadow of your amazing self, if only for a moment...at least that's why I'd say yes if you invited me over to your less than perfect house to share a moment in time.




Judy and me...in our usual poses...her smirking her "isn't life great smile" and me laughing at something she said...

1 comment:

Coffee_Cassie said...

Thanks for reminding me that not everyone is an undercover dustbuster. lol. I've been going through some of your older posts (duh) and this one made me LOL.