Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

brings a homeschool formal here. Joseph is wearing a bright pink shirt and black paisley tie. His hair is cut short to show off his hot pink earring. It's like big boy time...formal, then spend the night with the guys, then off tomorrow to points yet to be determined. What happened to my little ones and why did they have to grow up so darn fast?
I had a dream last night that Cassie was little again...sometimes I wonder if she gets how much I love her...or if she still thinks she needs to "earn" it. Is that a message I sent alot when she was growing up? I tell myself it's not...but I guess I'd have to ask the kids that question...not answer it for myself.
Supposed to be scrapping right now, but my scrapping mojo seems to be on Spring break. It's hard for me to scrap when I'm uber tired and unfocused...and that, thanks to my asthma, is how I feel pretty much daily!
I need a prayer and accountability partner..all applications will be considered!! The candidate need be: honest, but kind. Willing to speak difficult truths with grace. A mature Christian who loves to laugh too...and someone who is married with kids will probably get a greater understanding of what I struggle with, since that always seems to be the center of my "issues".
Praying for my church especially this weekend...I read this scripture today about living, as much as we can, in peace with others and not having a contentious spirit. Sigh. How nice that would be to see that lived out.. but I"m going on I can only do my part...so that is what I will do!!

A quick count-down list for today!
10 things I think about these days: (in no particular order0
Dori--wondering how she is
Summer vacation
Our trip out to SC
Cassie's wedding
American Idol (darn them for booting Gina!!)
Our church's challenges (usually followed by a prayer)
Getting highlights
My dad...missing him lots
New love seat or chairs for living room
My behated acrylic nail

Nine things I need to do soon:
Call my mom
Make a a box for M&M...it's been awhile
Dejunk the basement
Purge some more scrapbook stuff
Write my nephew onboard USS Carter Hall
Laundry... always.... laundry (really, isn't that nuts)
Dust
Buy or check out The Upstairs Room
Finish planning April's Girls night out


Eight things I have read lately:
Old class notes from Wed night
My Heart is at Home
The nail instructions/notes from Nailtek
More magazine
Every Woman's Marriage
The obituaries (didn't do that till dad died)
Joseph's term paper
Lynda Bishop's blog

Seven things that I do really well:
Make tea (thank you brewer!)
Listen to other's concerns
Keep a clean house (ok, picked up and ready for drop ins)
Enjoy life
Blog
Scrapbook
Love my family (hope THEY know that!! LOL)

Six thoughts about American Idol:
How does Sanjaya’s mother feel about of his celebrity?
Does Melinda realize how good she is?
Who went to Gina Glockson's parade yesterday?
Why doesn’t FOX change the voting system to just put an instant stop to the destructive voting website?
Will IDOL be able to continue if they don’t?
How much more rude will Sanjaya get and is it me or does it just seem like he gets more arrogant with every passing week? His "Welcome to the world of Sanjaya!"comment just kills me..and he's a church boy. Sigh.

Five things I love about this time of year:
Opening the windows!
Flowers coming up in my front yard...they sure are working hard this year with the cold!!
Counting down until the last day of school...just one year left
Fire pits and eating outside on the deck!
Yummy fresh fruits and veggies

Four things I buy immediately:
batteries...always batteries
a card that says exactly what I want
great scrapbook idea books (not like I need another)
stamps (darn you Kimberlee Patton, for awakening my slumbering addiction!!)


Three things that I love to do every day:
Crawl into bed with my fave blankie
Talk with my favorite peeps, either by phone email or IM. I'm not picky
Drink hot tea in the morning while I do my bible study and prayer

Two things that I want really bad:
Cassie to find her way home...or at least back to an intimate relationship with Christ.
a round trip ticket each month to see those I love

One quote to leave you thinking..
Where is home? Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace. (Vernon Baker)

4 comments:

~Lana B.~ said...

Hi Geriann!!! Kimberlee sent me the link to your blog...I got you on my google reader now...hope you don't mind!
How is your FIL doing???
Email me anytime...I gots no life outside my 4 walls ya know.
(Oh...Emma caught a cold from MOPS. LOL)
~Lana B.~
mamastamps at sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Well, a few things.....
you DON'T need a round trip ticket to see me and my door for you is
ALWAYS open....so is Panera Bread too...wanna go?

Also....where are the pictures of Joseph for formal? I want PICTURES!

Third....OH MY GOSH...it completely
just zapped out of my head.
Well, I think it was important too.
Ohhhhh my!
Love,
Lynda

Ger said...

Lana, my fil is improving daily. It will be a long recovery but God is good and Phil is strong and when he's weak, leans on God. So...
get a life, come back to MOPS and hang with the fun chicks!! LOL Hope your little one feels better soon!

Ger said...

well, how rude of me to infer all those i love require flight. Sorry!! ANd you BET on the Panera thing...it's your wack schedule!!
As for J's picture...check it out!!