Friday, January 5, 2007

Sheesh!!




I had the hardest time getting on here today...what the HECK????


So, I was doing my devo this morng, and that whole theme was be a servant and not our own agendas, doing what is best for others, een when they can't define it for themselves. And it seemed to me that, for me, that was 2006 in a nutshell. Not that I don't struggle with ginormous selfcentered-ness, but that I think God was really teaching me to set aside my agendas, whims and pleasures, for his grander plan for my life. To not feel inconvenienced by someone else's heart need, and to willingly set aside my agenda (which usually isn't all the important in the grand scheme of things) for the day to hold someone's heart for a moment. It is a lesson I hope I have learned well, and that I never forget it.


So, Joseph is sick with the flu today...missed his retreat and is laying in bed looking about as pathetic as a 15 yo can look. And my agenda is at his mercy...and I"m thankful for that opportunity. And Cassie needs to go to the doctor on Monday, so I'm taking her...and hoping to spend the day with her, seeing a movie she'd like to see. But in my heart of hearts, I"m expecting her to squeeze me into her day, telling herself that everything else is more important. But if that is how I can serve her well, and God can speak to her heart through my willingness to be with her, even for a little while, then I think that is good.


Yesterday, a friend hooked up with her brother who she hadn't spoken o in 10 years. Actually, to his wife. But it's a start...and I admire her courage in reaching out, and her openness in listening to her sil. And I"m thankful that she emailed me and I set my agenda aside to talk with her about it.


All this not to brag, or seem self-important, but to reflect on the opportunities God gives us in our day to day life, to serve other at their point of need, not our convenience. Wonder how many of these little blessings I've overlooked in my busi-ness???


Got to crop yesterday...here's a layout I HATE and one that I LOVE...side by side, still telling the story I want to tell. Another lesson in laying down perfection, agendas and judgment. And that's just a scrapbook page!!


Enough philosophy for one day!!

No comments: