Thursday, January 4, 2007

OK!! So...I"m a chauffeur (is that how you spell it??)


I sure love my family...seriously. When I was little and my mom brought my brother home, I said "I your big titter" to him and "He's mine" to the rest of the family. From that day, so the story goes, I was destined to be a mom. Dolls, being a tomboy, didn't fit the image and yet I had a tone of them and played with them all the time when I wasn't playing football.
So, fast forward to my life now... I feel so blessed to be in a position to welcome Joseph's friends into our house, just for hang time, and then to chauffeur them all over...seriously. This season of life is so short and those kids crack me up!! So, this week everyone is on break and I"m picking kids up, dropping them off at the mall (and helping them to discover the mall has entrance numbers, thereby making it easier for the chauffeur to find them), and in general feeling good. Between that and a big bowl of popcorn and my laptop running faster and being able to scrap my cutie pie nephew, things are good today!
On the other hand, Judy left for Seattle. It was great seeing her...she's a friend, confidante and fellow traveller on some journeys that few take. Just sitting with her and being able to look at her face while we were talking blessed my soul. Friends are a treasure; I think moving around so much growing up has made me super-realize what a blessing friends that stay in my life are.
And, how to explain to a man (that would be my honey) how to love a woman well...Hmmm... how's that happen?

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Okay, so I posted a comment on yesterday's entry - just wanted to make sure you saw that one too! Great to have you in "blogland" :)