Well, I decided to start posting again. It's been a long and crazy year and part of what I've learned this year is to not let other's insanity dictate what I do.
I ran across this list of random thoughts and thought they were funny. My thought added in red
- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear all your computer history if you die. Any takers?
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. Admittedly, that doesn't happen very often here!! LOLOLOL
- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. And why did our Sunday afternoon family naps end when the kids didn't want them anymore?? The parents still do!!
- There is great need for a sarcasm font. Or bubble over heads of those speaking it. Definitely texting needs a different appearance for sarcasm.
- How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? I just tend to ball mine up and wrap them in the neatly folded flat sheet…which then makes the flat sheet look horrid too.
- Was learning cursive really necessary? I do a hybrid, but I sure could have skipped the torture of perfect loops with perfect angles, something I never conquered anyway!!
- Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. True story. Start with Rte 55 or Rte 80. Everywhere I go needs one of the other!!
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died. Or had their friends write stories…we'd be laughing at the obits.
- I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. I thought I'd outgrow it with my kids being older, but NOOOOO
- Bad decisions make good stories. Sometimes. Sometimes they just set you up for even more bad decisions…and heartbreak.
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. I know when it will strike…about 5 minutes after I finish my tea and I'm no longer running on caffeine!!
- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again. I'm still holding on to my Beta's hoping they'll make a comeback!! LOL
- I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page paper that I swear I did not make any changes to. Sooooo true!! LOLOLOL
- "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever. I will machine wash it and drip dry. Or not buy it at all!! LOL
- I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away? I do wonder this…REALLY??? YOU JUST CALLED ME!!! WHERE DID YOU GOOOOOOOO?????
- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. Or even worse, look good at home…and have no reason to even GO out!! Good hair days are meant to be shared!!
- I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. My old phone had a block the caller feature. Wish this one did.
- I think the freezer deserves a light as well. I'll go so far as to say NEEEEDS a light!!
- I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay. Or chocolate martini. Or sappy movie. I mean, we can be literalists here and say ALL kisses start with K, but you know that wasn't what they meant anyway!!
Tomorrow…an update post. Make a cup of tea/coffee. It will be long, sometimes humorous and maybe some sad parts…but mostly, it's a good life!!