Friday, June 22, 2007

Two days...


Today is the beginning of my birthday weekend!! Anyone who has been in my life very long knows that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE celebrating birthdays. I think EVERYONE should be the queen of the universe (ok, or king) for at least one day around their bday. We decorate rooms, chairs and have heaps o presents waiting for the kids the morning of their birthdays. We do whatever they want all day...which in the past has been: moon jellies at the zoo, men in black 2, spiderman 1 and 2, pajama day, books in bed, going to Portillo's and cold stone, making ceramics, movie marathons at home, popsicles being brought to play practice, etc. etc. They get their favorite meal, as dictated the weekend before, their favorite cake and can have friend's spend the night.

It's really important that I find special gifts and make cards/cds/etc. that reflect what's going on in their lives...

and this extends to my nieces and nephew too...I just love bdays. It makes me happy to recognize someone's presence and impact in my life.

Anyway...

I'm off to crop. And then crop some more. I'm sitting here with my bling mug, which always makes me smile and think of Meliss, and all the friends I got one for and passed on the smiles. It's a good day here today...not just because of my bday weekend...because

God is good and faithful and loving. Awesome and quirky humored. Bigger than my problems, or yours. Wants whats best for us; knows whats best for us; GIVES us what is best for us. Which doesn't always co-incide with what we want.

Today, He kinda cracked me upside the head with some "geriann, be nice" conviction. SO I"m off to be nice. You be nice too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday. I'll be thinking of you. Enjoy!