Wednesday, June 6, 2007

This came through today

from Sparkpeople.


To be nobody but yourself--in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else-- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- EE Cummings, poet




Take a look at your priorities and your goals. Where did they come from? Are they the products of soul-searching, self-analysis, and careful planning? Or are they a reaction to pressures from other people? Did you find them within yourself or within the pages of a magazine? The answers to these questions are important because they tell you if the person you're becoming is someone you want to be. Here's another way to look at a goal: do you want it, or do you just think you should want it? It's not easy to follow your own direction in life. But it's more possible than you may think. Question everything. Every priority in your life needs to justify why it's there. If you can't come up with a good reason that actually comes from YOU, maybe it doesn't belong.




I have to say, I was a little caught off guard about this. I had just had a long conversation last night about the person I was becoming, really, slippig into being and tht I needed to make some changes to get back on track with myself...the healthiest version of myself.




I didn't/don't like the me thathas been surfacing in the lasat couple of weeks. ALthough there were goods things happening too, what I eralized was this:


1) I quit working out...I got more and more depressed. So DUH!! I started working out again.


2) I hadn't scrapped in a month...I get less and less thankful for the blessing of relationships


3) I've been lax about praying...specifically for Paul. My heart has gotten colder and harder toward him.


4) I've been listening to things like AC/DC isntead of worship music. ALthough I love the ROCK of AC/DC, it certainly doesnt' turn my mind in a good direction!! LOL So, MOnday I started listening to the radio stations I used to listen to...even at home (where I usually dont have music on at all).


ALl that to say...mid year tune up in progress. It's so easy to drift off our track. Or maybe I should just say it's easy for ME to drift off track. But I"m back on...feel free to ask me how it's going!!




cicada update: still none!! And as much as I appreciate all the offers to import them, I'll pass on each and every one!!




girls night out update: what fun we had again...amazing women. fun women. strong women. and boy can we pack away the food. The next one is the end of the month...salads and flavored teas. I'm already scoping out what salad to bring. well, make and put out. same difference!! LOL


And Cassie came...she was our "virgin" guest. Everyone else was repeat offenders in one form or another. She says she had fun and we had fun having her there...who wants to be our next virgin sacrifice??? LOL




travel update: June 14th- Dori comes in for a week; July 2, Michelle comes here!! WOOHOO July 27th-ish, we go for a girls' weekend!! August 20th-ish: out to WA state!! Labor day weekend: Kelly concert part two!!

1 comment:

Coffee_Cassie said...

PART 2??!?? I didn't even know there was a part 1!! enjoy!