Saturday, September 1, 2007

We're in our 2nd week of school

well, actually, we completed it!! So far, so good. This school year will bring lots of changes...Joseph graduates this year and will be at JJC next fall. I won't be a mentor mom any more. So sad about that. I hate politics. But the blessing that may come is other women will be, perhaps, able to step in and experience the amazing gift of mentor-momdom. I know that's not a word, but it is NOW!!
My schedule went from Tuesday and Wednesdays being booked, to having literally the entire week free except Friday afternoons. Joseph will undoubtedly benefit, although I'm sure his opinion of mornings aren't shared by me. I'd like to be up and at 'em, doing school by 9 am and I've had to wake him every morning except one. So, he either sets his alarm this week and gets his booty out of bed or his father wakes him up before he leaves. I want to be done iwth school by 2...including checking his work...
Cassie called from her honeymoon. She called during that excuse for a Bears' game. They ended up going to Chattanooga and Nashville and will circle back to Bowling Green , Ky. She sounded relaxed and happy and just plain good. I'm glad for her...glad that she's sounding so good, glad that that had a honeymoon, glad that it wasn't 42 hours round trip in the car. Can't wait to see the pix of the wedding...
We told them we'd take them out for a "welcome to married life" dinner when they get home. There's a restaurant that Chris wants to try and this seems like a good excuse to do it. I pray that I can continue to support and celebrate them in the coming days and months and years. And that our family, now one larger, can really put these past 2.5 years in the past and begin to heal and LOOK like a family, not "Intervention"...that show on A&E I think.
OK, so I'm ready to start scrapping again. I want to crop. I want to go out and laugh with my friends. I checked out Crop Paper Scissors, which has free crops all the time and the new one back on 30 in Plainfield, ScrapAddict. I like them both. CPS is more laid back and SA is way higher energy. I guess it depends on what I'm in the mood for!! Both have free crops...but SA has free crops even on Fri/Sat and CPS has free crops when their normal Fri/Sat crops and classes aren't going on. Decisions, decisions.
Today is the first of a 30 day class I'm taking online called Choosing Joy. This is my second time doing it and I'm going to TRY to do it this time!! LOL

"He'd heard people ask, 'If you could have anyone, living or dead, come to dinner, who would it be?' Shakespeare's name usually came up at once; he'd also heard Mother Teresa, the Pope, St. Augustine, Thomas Jefferson, Pavarotti, Bach, Charles Schultz…"
"For his money, he couldn't think of anyone he'd rather be having for dinner than the very ones who were coming."
-Out to Canaan by Jan Karon

This is how I feel every single time I have an even or go to one. There are people I wish could come that maybe aren't there that month, but I love every single time I hook up with people. There's always something to think about and learn and laugh about.
Who would YOU want to come to dinner?

No comments: