Sunday, September 23, 2007

I kept putting off blogging


because I was going to "catch up" on my life and blog. But I decided I'm not going to do that. I'm just gonna keep moving on.

Life has been, weirdly, mundane and hectic all at once. One thing...so many people have lost loved ones lately. Literally six people I care about have had someone pass on in September alone. Makes me want to reach out and hug everyone. So consider this a hug...

Been scrapping alot...way too much in fact. Neglecting my fam. Well, really. Neglecting the dust and laundry. Not the same as neglecting the people. But still need to do that this weekend.

Things are starting up for the fall. I'm in a different MOPS group, as a mentor mom, and am waiting to hear from another group that may be interested. AND...a dream I've had for two years is coming to fruition. It's called Soul Sisters and I'm so excited about how it's starting. What a blessing.

Prison Break started last week. I don't know that I will be as compelled one week at a time as I was when I watched it all at once, but we'll see. The driving force of a family love that overcomes all obstacles and forgives and works together for the common good is a powerful one in my life...

Read a book that disturbed me. Not that I didn't like it. Just struck a little close to home sometimes. It is called Glass Castle. If you get the chance, read it.

Spent Friday flitting about in Paul's red convertible with the top down. What fun that was...I may keep that car. There may be three way fights over it in the near future!!

Joseph got a job...he's a Dippin Dots professional now. And more importantly to him, he's getting a paycheck which means he can afford insurance which means he can get his license. So attempt two will be Tuesday. He went today and the DMV has lost his uploaded driver's ed info and couldn't test. Which was just as well since Paul didn't have the right insurance info and he wouldn't have been able to take it anyway.

So Joseph is driving and graduating and working. Cassie is married and felt the baby move and is having a son. My little ones are no longer little. But they will always be those little ones to me. I am blessed to have them in my life.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~ Maya Angelou
It's good to be back...


1 comment:

Coffee_Cassie said...

YAY JOFFEE!! Is he working at the one in the mall, and when? I'll have to stop in and see him sometime. :-) I'm so happy for him, I know he was really waiting for this. Keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday! Note to self: don't drive in Joliet on Tues, Wed, Thrs...