Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is happiness really?


HAPPY  /ˈhæpi/

 
1. delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
2. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.

 
So I'm in this journaling challenge for the year, and today's prompt is what makes me happy...I think this is great...sometimes I just get in a FUNK where I think I'm not happy because (I think) sometimes I define happiness by how my relationship with Paul is going...and I weigh it against how things used to be. So for me this is great...and I may remind myself often to read this particular post. There are so many other great things in my life...things to truly be happy about.
 
There are many small daily things that make me happy.
  • A nice cup of tea every morning...made from my fabulous tea maker that is bubbling up, and noisy and I just don't want to get rid of!!
  • Stopping at some point during the day and having a non-salty snack...popcorn(the cheap stuff has hardly ANY salt!!), yogurt, a bowl of fruit.
  • Hearing Ronnie laugh or say GIGIGIGIIGGIIGGI
  • Being organized...and maintaining. Finding what I'm looking for WHEN I'm looking for it!!
  • Praying and feeling God's presence.
  • Watching movies
  •  Texting people I love
  •  Watching a football game...especially if I'm watching it with someone as intense as me
  • Doing ANYTHING Creative
  • Helping out at church
  • Listening to Dr Michael Rydelnich
  • Music
  • Having great conversations with Cassie and Joseph, catching up with each other's life.
  • My flannel sheets and remote start
And then there's the deep stuff
  • A Solid Spiritual Foundation
  • Spending time with my children
  • My relationship with Melissa and Michelle
  • When our entire family is together
  • Having friends in my life that I know will always be part of my life...no matter where we are
  • When I am accomplishing what I need to do
  • Staying on target for long term things (the basement, working out, eating for my health).
  • I am Happy that I live in a FREE country
  • When I help other people, either by what I do for/with them or by giving my excess or no longer useful to me things and knowing it will bless someone.
 

 

No comments: