Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Michelle has landed!!

Michelle came in on Saturday, and it was as if the weather man heard her land. Before we hit Bolingbrook, the snow began and she had a snowball fight before she got unpacked!! Then it was on to "hot now" a/k/a Krispy Kremes for what turned out to be not so great donuts. But the free samples were fabulous. Mental note: yes, the custard ones DO need to be refrigerated. Joseph found out by waiting a few days and eating (or beginning to) one that had been sitting out. Patooie best describes the sound emanating from the kitchen.
Then to Theresa's where we chatted for a while and sorta planned Christmas, but not totally. She wants me to change the plan so that she has less running around to do. Not sure what we're going to do. Whatever we DO decide, it will be additional running for us since as of today Cassie is no longer driving. She's got spotty vision, I guess, as I understand it from the texts. It's frustrating to communicate only by texts, while I hear that two full days are spent at Denise and Ron's. Sigh. I guess it's better than nothing, but I'm feeling the shove of being pushed aside again.
With Michelle here, things are in a holding pattern. Paul is still trying to get me to tell him how to make this all up to me. How exactly does one make up being shunned for 5 days? Not sure on that one. I don't trust him. I don't want to even try. I've seen this too many times for too many years to believe THIS is the big "I get it". Even so, it's nice to have a breather.
And...da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Kimberlee's birthday and I was even in town. Two years in a row. That's some kinda record.
Tomorrow is a sleep in day with nothing on the agenda. YIPPEE!!!!

1 comment:

Coffee_Cassie said...

Those 2 days were last week, and it was so Ron could get a sleep study done to figure out what's wrong with him. It sounds like sleep apnea, but I don't think they have the results in yet. I should be ok to drive by Christmas, but not much before then. The doc said the pills can take a week or so to kick in. I'm just taking it 1 day at a time.