Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Accentuate the positive...

was the challenge for yesterday, but I had a migraine, so I'm doing it today!
Ten things that are positive in my life:
1)  I love my church. Love it. Love the pastors. Love the attitude. Love the gratitude. Love the humility. Love it.







2)  My children. They amaze me. Make me laugh. Make me cry. Make me pray more. Mostly make me thankful that they call me mom.
3)  The letting go of things/expectations and the freedom I feel as a result. Unburdened.
4)  My nieces and nephew. They are just fun to be around. They have grown to be people I like. I admire.


5)  I'm scrapping and creating more. I love it!! Love it. I feel like I'm doing something for me, but at the same time, it's almost always for someone else's benefit. I hope I can stay in the habit of doing it as often as I have been.



6)  My Soul Sisters. A group of ladies I get together with to eat and pray. Just share life together and a few laughs. Tears sometimes. But mostly just lovin each other.
7)  Plugging away at getting debt free. It feels good. It feels right. Ok, and a little late. But good. Definitely good.
8)  Judy. My die hard, great friend. Honest. Funny. Snippets or long talks. She is a treasure in my life and I pray always will be.
9)  Ronnie. Of course. My constant source of laughter, adoration, joy. Baby smell. Tenderness. Sweet. Beautiful boy.
10) Bet you thought I wouldn't include Paul. HA! I did. He's the person I've loved longest and most fiercely in life, except my brother Joe. Letting go has enabled me to be with him in a better, freer way. I like it. He is a hard worker, a good provider. He is learning to be more honest. He is a better dad to the kids than he used to be. He's a work in progress and I feel honored and humbled to be observing it. Loving him makes me pray more. And challenges me to be honest with myself more. And that makes me grow.
I could go on and on, I realize as I'm writing this. I'm blessed.

No comments: